News & Inspiration
- Fubiz - A daily dose of news and inspiration for everything from photography to pop culture.
- We and the Color - This “web magazine for the creative crowd” is a great resource for current trends, as well as font downloads and template downloads.
- Pitter Pattern - Veronica at Pitter Pattern keeps you up to date on what’s happening in the kaleidoscopic world of surface design.
- The Etsy Blog - Stay on top of what’s trending in the popular online marketplace for artists, designers & crafters.
- COLOURlovers - This online community compiles trending color palettes from all over the world, drawing inspiration from fashion, interior design, handmade goods and more.
- Pantone – Widely accepted as the world-renowned authority on color, their web site offers a “Color of the Day,” fashion color reports and up-to-date news on the hottest color trends.
- Design Seeds - Fresh, inspiring color palettes inspired by the beauty of nature.
Publications and Catalogues:
- Better Homes and Gardens- One of the best-selling magazines in the United States, BHG is a leader when it comes to home décor trends.
- Crate and Barrel - The catalogue for this popular housewares retail chain is a great source for emerging patterns and styles.
- Stationery Trends Magazine – This publication provides exactly what the name indicates—showcases popular trends for stationery, greeting cards, invitations and more.
- Joan Beiriger's Blog on Art Licensing - Joan’s blog is a wealth of information and a great resource for tips and tutorials on creating your own product mock-up templates.
- Phyllis Dobbs Art and Design - Designer Phyllis Dobbs offers a Product Mockup package for $59 consisting of 105 product templates in 10 different categories (tabletop, stationery, bedding and bath to name a few!). Templates are for both Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Creative Market - The ultimate resource for purchasing product mockup templates. From individual products such as coffee mugs or greeting cards to large design bundles, they offer a surplus of options to help you make your artwork come to life in product form.
Do you guys have any go-to blogs or publications for keeping up with the trends? Comment below and share your favorites!