"You don't paint pictures to put
The attic is where we store the boxes of items we'd rather forget about, but still have sentimental attachment to. The clothes from high school we're embarrassed to have worn, the love letters from relationships gone sour, projects we've completed but are ashamed to display are all heaped in the corner covered in cobwebs. And much like these forgotten, top-floor rooms of our homes, our minds have little attic compartments as well--harboring boxes of memories, fantasies, lessons learned and secret wishes. Over time our attics become congested, making the task of sorting through the junk more daunting with each passing day. January is synonymous with fresh starts and new beginnings, and there's no better time than the present to pick up your metaphorical broom and sweep out the cobwebs of your mind.
We've been back from Atlanta for a little over a week now, and it has been a whirlwind of activity for the Painted Planet team. We've been busily fulfilling artwork requests and call-outs, following up with clients and trying to get our office put back together (we had new carpet installed while we were gone!). But we wanted to make sure we took the time to recap the fantastic time we had in the Peach State!
Over the course of 4 days we met with over 30 clients, showed hundreds of portfolios, scoped out some leads, analyzed color and style trends, and walked many miles! And perhaps one of the most exciting parts of the trip was the opportunity to view many of our artists' products in person!
Although we often receive samples here at the office, it's always fun to see the gorgeously arranged displays in the showrooms. Here's a sampling of some of the products we saw featured!
Beautiful lighted glass by Mila Marquis.
burton + Burton
Various fall designs by Jacqueline Decker.
1. Floor mat by Velvet Lime Girls. 2. & 3. Floor mats by Grace Adelyn Designs
4. Canvas wall art by Kathleen Keil Hill 5. Canvas wall art by Danny Phillips
Legacy Publishing Group
1. Calendar by Velvet Lime Girls 2. "Morning Light" stationery collection by
Claire Brocato 3. (From left to right) Rebecca, Laura and Marybeth of the
Velvet Lime Girls with their wall calendar
4., 5. & 6. Pocket calendar, planner and birthday card by Claire Brocato
7. Wedding card by Grace Adelyn Designs
1. Various gift products by Velvet Limes Girls 2. (Top shelf) Journals & mugs by
Velvet Lime Girls; (Bottom shelf) Journals and mugs by Jackie Von Tobel.
3. Boxed cards by Grace Adelyn Designs 4. Boxed cards by Danny Phillips.
5. Boxed cards by Velvet Lime Girls.
1. & 2. Éccolo coloring books by Tamara Kate 3. Cape Shore ornament by
Steve Vanderbosch 4. METColors wall art by Claire Brocato
5. Pictura birthday card by Patti Ballard 6. Pictura birthday card by Flora Bowley
7. Pavilion snowman decor by Junelle Jacobsen 8. METColors wall art by Natalie Singh
9. Leanin' Tree "Victorian Garden" greeting card pack by Shawn Byles
A big thank you the art directors and clients who took the time to meet with us in Atlanta, and to all of our artists for the hard work they put in creating new artwork and helping us prepare for the show. We can hardly wait for July!
The Painted Planet team is venturing south next week to attend
The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market® from Jan. 14 - 17,
and our artists have been busily creating new artwork for us to show.
Here's a quick sneak peek at what they've been working on!
Psst! Want to meet with us while we're there? Send us an e-mail!
Be sure to check back next week for the